Get ready for true adventure. The Crystal Cave, also known as Mountain Cow Cave, your physical fitness and your spirit of adventure will be challenged. Located in the Blue hole National Park, the Crystal Cave Tour starts with a 50 minute hike through the lush Belize rain forest and partially steep terrain. Then we will descend by ropes for a 15-foot drop into the mouth of the mammoth Crystal Cave where we will enter the Mayan underworld of Xibalba!
Your guide will lead you through narrow passages to magnificent cathedral-like caverns. Be prepared to find our way along rock faces and slide down mud ramps to view shimmering stalactites & stalagmites, beautiful crystal formations, ancient ceremonial fire pits, pottery, relics, wall carvings, and actual skeletal remains of Mayan sacrificial victims. We will walk in the footsteps of the Mayan Shaman of hundreds of years ago as we explore this magnificent wonderland of the underworld. After our adventure in the Crystal Cave we will hike back to the park facilities where you can swim in the cool waters of the inland Blue Hole.
Note that you must be relatively fit for strenuous activities and be prepared for a long hike to do this tour.
Tour includes transportation, guide, entrance fees and lunch. Private and custom tours can be arranged and special occasions that may include marriage proposals and family celebrations.
What To Bring
- Hiking shoes
- Long pants and long sleeve shirt.
- Bug repellent
- Socks or water shoes to wear in the cave
- Dry change of clothing
- You should be physically fit for this tour.
- Full-day tour (approximately 6 hrs)
- The tour starts with a 50 minutes hike through the jungle.
- You will then spend about 3-4 hours or more inside the cave.
- This tour is led by experienced guides who provide interesting information on the geology of the formations & Mayan mythology & jungle flora.